- Active IQ Level 2 Exercise To Music (ETM)
Active IQ Level 2 Exercise To Music (ETM)
Contact Us Introduction
For those of you who want to deliver fun an exciting studio classes, the Exercise to Music Instructor (ETM) Certificate is a must. You will gain all the practical skills and confidence you need to plan and teach group exercise classes. You will learn how to add choreography to your routines allowing you to add creativity to your classes, meaning your customers are never bored of their routines.Who is it for?
Level and pre-requisites?
- Group exercise enthusiasts who want to qualify as an instructor
- Fitness instructors looking for variety and a way of increasing their income
- Personal trainers looking to add variety to their work, another revenue stream and a way of meeting more potential clients
This is a REPS Level 2 qualification
There are no pre-requisites but we recommend that you have participated in exercise to music classes before attendingWhat you will learn?
What you will achieve?
- Anatomy and physiology including: - the heart and circulatory system - the respiratory system - structure and function of the skeleton - musculoskeletal system - postural and core stability - the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a group exercise to music session with apparently healthy adults - both individuals and groups. This may include young people in the 14-16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. Client groups also covered are older adults, ante and postnatal clients and disabled clients provided the relevant contraindications and key safety guidelines are observed
Career options once qualified
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Exercise to Music)
- Level 2 entry onto the REPs register (Register of Exercise Professionals)
- 20 REPs points
- Work full-time or part-time within a fitness/health club
- Work freelance delivering a number of classes a week in various settings
- Involve yourself in studio coordinating and advanced teaching methods
- Teach classes at fitness events and conventions and possibly become a fitness presenter