Report your concerns


Safeguarding children is everyone’s responsibility. If you are worried about a child it is important that you report your concerns- no action is not an option.

Your Club Welfare Officer (CWO) should normally be your first point of contact. If you are worried about a child then you need to report your concerns to the CWO.

1. If the issue is one of poor practice they will either: • Deal with the matter themselves or • Report the matter to the Youth League Welfare Officer • Seek advice from the County FA Welfare Officer

2. If the concern is more serious – possible child abuse • Where possible contact the County FA Welfare Officer first, then immediately contact the Police or Children’s Services.

3. If the child needs immediate medical treatment • Take them to a hospital or call an ambulance and tell them this is a child protection concern • Let your Club Welfare Officer know what action you have taken

4. If at any time you are not able to contact your Club Welfare Officer or the matter is serious then you can either: • Contact your County FA Welfare Officer directly • Call The FA/NSPCC 24 hour Helpline for advice on: 0808 800 5000 • Contact the Police or Children’s Services

If you are a Youth League Welfare Officer then please report your concerns directly to your County FA Welfare Officer or follow the advice given in point 4 above.

The Sussex County FA Welfare Officer is:
Sandra Redhead

T: 01903 768578

M: 07525 667076